Friday 24 May 2013

Friday

I feel like I haven't stopped all day long. Probably because Master 1 only slept for half an hour in the car today so I've had no Mummy time. We went to a play centre today with a friend and her son and stayed there all morning. I love those places and this one was not too big so we could sit and have a coffee and watch the kids until they needed us to climb through tunnels and up big foam mountains.
 
 

 




After we got home and Master 2 was asleep, Master 1 and I went out the front and I did some gardening while he played in the gorgeous sunshine. Winter are you ever coming? When we moved to this house we inherited about 50 odd rose bushes which we were originally going to pull out but I sort of fell in love with them and now they are staying. We have some really old varieties and some which smell gorgeous. This one looked and smelt beautiful today.




It will be time for their annual mega prune in a couple of months but I'm not game enough to do it myself yet so we are going to get someone in to do it for us. A lot of love and time has gone into these roses over the 25 odd years this house has been here so I don't want to be the one who mucks them up!

There was more playing out the back later on when Master 2 woke up. I'd opened Daddy's shed to get some chook food out and it was game on! Sheds are like Aladdin's Cave for my little boys. There's so much to get into - and onto in this case.




Please excuse the terrible photo I'm desperate for a better camera but money doesn't allow just yet. Maybe after tax time.....

I made a curry for dinner and I thought I'd share the recipe. It's a Curtis Stone recipe from a Coles catalogue but I made a couple of changes as I'm not a huge fan of spicy food so I didn't want it too hot. Master 2 did tell me that 'it doesn't have a very nice taste Mummy' but I enjoyed it so I'll share. I think this would be great with chicken in it which I'll try next time.

Pumpkin Curry

1T coconut oil
500g pumpkin, peeled and diced into 2 cm cubes
1 onion, medium dice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1T curry powder
2T apple cider vinegar
400ml can coconut milk
400g can chickpeas, drained
1 cup vegetable stock
thickly shredded silverbeet

Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and heat for 1 minute. Add the pumpkin and onion and cook for 5-10 mins until pumpkin starts to caramelise and onion becomes translucent. Add garlic and cook for a further minute.

Stir in the curry powder and cook for a couple of mins. Add vinegar and stir and scrape the bottom of the pan. Add chickpeas, coconut milk and stock and stir until simmering. Reduce heat and let simmer gently for around 30 mins until mixture has thickened. Add silverbeet and cook until wilted. Enjoy!

I served ours with brown rice and natural yoghurt. I cheat and use a rice cooker. I have never, ever been able to cook rice on the stove. I also haven't been able to get brown rice to work in the cooker until tonight. I just added way more water than I usually would and it magically worked. Here is the finished product featured in another bad photo!





So that was my day for whoever is interested. I like the idea of this blog being a sort of diary I can look back at when the kiddos are older since I still haven't filled out their baby books or kept any sort of record of their milestones except for posting them on Facebook........

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment