Sunday 14 April 2013

Today

Where is Autumn? It has been such a lovely day again here in the West and we took full advantage of it. We had a very early 5.00am start which seems to be becoming the norm. For some reason the later the sun rises the earlier my boys get up. We started the day with a yummy juice which we used to do every morning but just recently I've fallen off the wagon. I'm determined to get back on again though! Today we just had apple, pear and orange:




I do all of my juicing in the thermomix. I basically chuck whatever fruit I want in with some ice cubes and water and then whizz on high for 30 seconds or so. I don't strain the juice as I'm used to the thickness with the peel in but you can easily strain it if you want. It's just a matter of personal taste. This was the end result:




Master 2 loves his morning juice and I just let Master 1 sip out of mine. Sunday is our cooked breakfast day so today we had yummy scrambled eggs for brekky using eggs from our girls and I also sauteed some mushrooms. We went to the markets after that and I bought a pomegranate tree seedling. I was so excited to see it as I love pomegranates so hopefully this little baby will take off!




We spent the afternoon outside enjoying the warm weather. The boys had lunch out there and then we played around with their water table and went on the swing and blew bubbles. Of course the day wouldn't be complete without Master 1 tripping over and cutting his lip resulting in a lot of blood everywhere!

 Tomorrow morning I'm going to try a green smoothie with the kids. The first time I did this it wasn't too successful so stay tuned!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment