Saturday 6 April 2013

Homemade Fun!

I got the idea for this blog post from my sister. She sent me a picture of homemade chalk and said I should put it on my blog so I thought I'd do a post of all different homemade stuff for kids.

Sidewalk Chalk Paint

Mix 1 cup of cornflour with 1 cup of water then divide into muffin tins and tint with food colouring. Apparently you can let this harden to a make chalk. Here's my version:





Homemade Puffy Paint

This recipe is from Get your mess on! and I found it via my love - Pinterest. The original post can be found here.

1 cup flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
food colouring

Mix all together and put in squeezie bottles.


Homemade Playdough

This is the Playgroup Australia recipe which I think everyone has on a magnet on their fridge. All of my friends who have made this have said how easy it is - why bother buying it!

1 cup salt
2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups boiling water
food colouring

Mix altogether and store in the fridge (well I do). Mine has lasted for months now and is still good (apart from all the crap that's stuck in it!).


Homemade Finger Paints

I think we've all seen this one:




There's tons more stuff out there to make at home and it seriously only takes a little while and the kids can get involved too. I would love to hear of anything that you've made at home :)



No comments:

Post a Comment