Saturday 20 April 2013

Daddy's Home!

My partner works FIFO 2 weeks one and 1 off so when he's home I like to make sure that we at least do something fun as a family even if it's just taking the boys to the park. He misses out on so much during the year so I think it's really important we try and make the most of his time home especially while the boys are little and not at school. It's not always easy though as there's always so much he needs to catch up on around the house and he always has a project or ten on the go. Today however we packed up the kids and drove to a fair at a Primary School about 40 minutes away from us. It was another glorious Autumn day (Will the cold weather ever arrive?) so it was a great opportunity to get out of the house. Due to another 5.30am start both boys had a sleep in the car on the way there:






It was lovely to walk around and see all the of the bits and pieces the kids from each class had made. There was a secondhand clothes stall there too and I scored a gorgeous pair of Country Road cords which were like new for a dollar! Bargain of the day :) The local markets were on too so we popped in there afterwards and I bought some organic fruit and veg. We also got a couple of Frangipani trees which we are going to plant in a corner of the garden. When I say we I mean my partner as although I try, I don't have much of a green thumb. After that we took the boys to our local park for a play then it was off home for much needed naps.




I had some pears and a couple of bananas I needed to use up so I made some muffins up while the kids slept which turned out to be very yummy. This is a recipe from an old but fabulous blog - Super Organiser Mum and I just added cinnamon.

Banana and Pear Muffins

1 1/2 cups SR Flour
1/3 cup raw sugar
60g butter
1 large mashed banana
1 pear diced
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Rub together the flour, butter and sugar and cinnamon until the mix resembles breadcrumbs
Stir in mashed banana, pear, egg and milk to combine.
Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pans. Bake at 190 for 20 minutes.

I would normally substitute the SR flour for spelt flour and baking powder but I've run out unfortunately. I'll talk more about spelt later in another blog post.

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend as much as I am :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. I love Frangipanis - I have two. One that is bright pink and I even moved house with. The frost out here isn't so nice to them so I will be the house with a run chucked over them on the coldest of mornings.

    ReplyDelete