Monday 29 April 2013

Mission One - Meal Planning

I must admit that I've fallen off the wagon these past few weeks in regards to eating well and I can definitely notice the difference in how I'm feeling at the moment. I feel a bit tired and run down and my skin is not happy so I'm determined to get back on and stay on! So I am starting weekly missions to help myself stay on track. You can come along for the ride if you like - the more the merrier!

I used to be fantabulous at meal planning. I would do it religiously every week and would know what we were having for dinner each night. I'm not sure what happened but sometime last year I stopped doing it and even though I keep thinking about doing it again I never have. Procrastinator that I am! Time to change.

I find that having a meal plan helps in so many ways. You can plan healthy and nutritious meals for your family, you know what you are buying at the supermarket therefore you save money on random purchases and also you reduce food waste. The key is also to stick to your shopping list which is also something I need to get better at (note to self - no more Hot Wheels cars!).

I personally find it easier to have my meal plan written out on paper and stuck somewhere in the kitchen rather than have it on the computer or an app on my phone. I found a weekly meal plan on Everything Mom which I like as it has space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can find the free printable here. I've just saved it to my desktop so I can print it out each week.





So this is mission number one - meal plan each and every week. I don't want any more wasted food in this house and I would love to stick to my grocery budget for once. I'll post my meal plans each week so you can see what we're doing over here and I'd love to hear what you'll be having too. Who's with me? :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I'll be reading it and cooking some of your meals! We need to get healthy too.

    ReplyDelete