Thursday 22 January 2015

Whole 30

Well I would try and think of an excuse as to why I haven't blogged for so long but I don't really have one. I've fallen off the healthy home wagon many times throughout the past year and I've gotten to the point now where I've stacked on a few kilos and I just don't feel great. Enter the Whole30 program. I've seen this around the web for awhile now and been following recipes on Instagram but I've always felt that it was too strict for me and that I'd never be able to stick to it. Basically you have no dairy, sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes, sulfites, msg etc for 30 days to strip your body of all the bad stuff then after the 30 days you slowly add each category back in (in a certain order) to see if you react to any.

Sounds tough? I though so but I'm on Day 2 now and I've really enjoyed the meals. Being the disorganised person I am, I also stopped meal planning ages ago so I came into this not knowing what I would be eating when which is a really bad idea but I've managed to survive and I'll be doing a meal plan very soon (so she says). The hardest thing for me to give up is cheese I think (even more than a cold beer on a summers day!). I could have sold my firstborn for a piece today.

So what have I been eating? ILots of meat, vegies and EGGS! Don't forget the eggs. That's my staple breakfast anyway along with cooked vegies so that hasn't changed. For lunches I've had chicken and salad and salmon and salad with a mayo based dressing (yes, paleo mayo is allowed when you make it yourself). Then at dinner time it's been roasted vegies with seasoned steak. Tomorroe night I'm branching out and making this Baked Curry Chicken with cauliflower 'rice'. 

Anyway I thought this blog would be a good way to keep me accountable on this journey and hopefully I'll stick to the Whole30 and blogging this time ;)

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment